And so the season comes to a close with the remainder few anime wrapping up on their final episodes (or moving onto their second half).
Let me just summarize how I found some of the series that ended recently:
- Amagami SS+ : Quality varies between character arcs, depending on your favourite, ranging from “oh wow” to *ear bleed* to senseless fan-service.
- Guilty Crown : Music and animation is good. Everything else was rubbish. Still a better love story than Twilight.
- Nisemonogatari : Great sequel that expands on the original. Managed to introduce new fetishes you never knew existed. Strong plot-wise. Be prepared to pause to read.
- Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai : Starts off on the wrong foot, but gets better as the series progresses. No Usagi Drop, but can still move you.
- Persona 4 The Animation : Excellent adaptation of the game, starts slow and gets awesome later. Wish the 5 month wait for the true ending was an April Fools’ joke.
- Shakugan no Shana Final : Fantastic closure, but hurt by plenty of lengthy dialogue and overly drawn out battles. You won’t be disappointed with the soundtrack.
- Zero no Tsukaima Final : Acceptable conclusion, but takes 9 episodes of largely unwarranted fan-service to pick up steam. Be prepared to fast-forward. Recommended to read the novels instead – you’ll find a completely different level of awesome.